Marketers currently make extensive use of online resources to increase customer engagement, find new prospects and increase conversion. The trend is on the increase, especially considering that in 2015 marketing spending is expected to be more than ever on digital marketing. 61% of marketers “expect to increase the proportion of technology spend versus marketing communication/program spend” and it is reported that 71% of marketing budget is spent on digital channels.
One of the most effective technologies currently available to marketers is VR environments, which are increasingly becoming part of businesses’ marketing mix. For example a comprehensive marketing strategy can transform webinars into an integral part of a more far-sighted true life-like experiential adventure that marketers could provide to their customers. They offer the opportunity to take webinars to the next level combining the informative experience of webinars with a life-like interactive experience to increase engagement and track customer behavior with unparalleled precision.
What are the advantages of virtual reality?
1) Real-life networking. 3D immersive events provide for a real-life rather than just real-time online experience: people see each other, each attendee can see the name and affiliation of the people next to them and engage in meaningful conversation. People can interact the natural way, just like at a meet-up in person. People will attend your virtual event not only for the amazing content you will provide, but also because they will benefit from it themselves, in terms of lead generation and networking opportunities.
2) Higher Conversion. Combining real-time interaction with a lot of content that can be accessed in an easy and entertaining way, images, brochures, hyperlinks, landing pages, flipbooks and e-books in booths, as well as through walls and banners in the environment ensures an enhanced brand experience.
3) Behavior. Clicks do not necessarily reflect real behavior. In fact, clicks are only part of the story. You cannot really tell if a person who clicked on a webinar link is actually focusing on it or doing other things. No doubt these data are extremely valuable, especially because they are quantitative and measurable, but being able to see what people do – qualitatively – and in real time in a virtual environment, is definitely more insightful, especially where combined with quantitative data. Are participants’ avatars standing still or moving around? Are people talking to each other? Which banners do the faces of the avatars – i.e. the eyes of the people on the screen – look at?
4) Full Customization. In VR environments, it is not the people who need to adapt to the technology. It is the technology that can be customized and fully adapted to the needs of the people. Venues and environments can be designed the way the organizer want them to be and adapted to the different purposes.
5) More fun. If you give your people a fun experience, converting them into customers is easier. It is important to design campaigns that are not perceived as spammy or annoying. VR environments give you the opportunity to provide an amazing experience to your customers, game-like by definition that can easily attract and retain customers.
Marketing Program Manager
If you have any questions ask us in chat on our website.